Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics Fellowship
Welcome to the University of Chicago Fellowship in Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP). Set in the vibrant University of Chicago Hyde Park campus in Chicago's south side, our training program is the only DBP fellowship in Chicago. We combine the intellectual resources of the University of Chicago with a robust clinical experience providing interdisciplinary, comprehensive care for children with cognitive, communicative, motor and learning disorders.
- To train exemplary physicians in the Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) field who serve as leaders among their colleagues and ambassadors
- To train outstanding leaders of multidisciplinary teams for the evaluation of young childhood delay and disability
- To educate fellows to be adult learners through interpretation and critical evaluation of research findings and academic publications
- To foster growth of trainees into independent clinicians in the field of DBP delivering evidence-based compassionate care
- To teach trainees to use cultural and social context in managing DBP patient issues and empowering families